Events – Highlights
- 1st-4th – Gilampasa Pooja
- 6th Saturday – Ashtapana Pooja & Vassana Dhamma Sermon – 11
- 8th-11th – Gilampasa Pooja
- 13th Saturday – SIL Programme – Christchurch | Adhishtana Pooja |Ashtapana Pooja & Vassana Dhamma Sermon – 12
- 14th Sunday – Dhamma School
- 15th-18th – Gilampasa Pooja
- 20th Saturday – SIL Programme – Dunedin | Ashtapana Pooja & Vassana Dhamma Sermon – 13
- 21st Sunday – Dhamma School
- 28th Sunday – Dhamma School
May All Beings Be Happy….
Welcome to the official website of Samadhi Buddhist Vihara
Christchurch, New Zealand.
Samadhi Buddhist Vihara was established in 2002 in Christchurch, the main city of the south island of New Zealand. Being the main Sri Lankan based Buddhist temple in the south island, Samadhi Buddhist Vihara provides its services to the Sri Lankan Buddhist community living not only in Christchurch, but to those who live as far as Dunedin and Invercargill. Under the guidance of its chief incumbent, ven. Bhante Somaratana, the main focus of Samadhi Buddhist Vihara is to spread the wisdom teachings of Lord Buddha among the Sri Lankan Buddhist community, as well as among those who are interested in Theravada Buddhism.