The Vihara has been the center for many spiritual and cultural activities of the Sri Lankan Buddhists living in the south island. The community has been positively influenced through the association and participation of these activities. It has been a great pleasure to see the section of community who always had a close liaison with the temple, expanding their spiritual and cultural awareness as well as another section becoming interested in the teachings of Buddha.
This centre currently conducts many regular programmes including monthly Sil programmes, weekly Sri Lankan language and cultural school Dhamma School, weekly Dhamma discussions during the Vassana (rainy) season, meditation retreats as well as annual events such as celebration of Vesak, Katina robe ceremony and other religious and social activities.
The Dhamma library of the Vihara is being maintained in a high quality, providing knowledge to those who seek refuge of Lord Buddha’s teachings.
The Light of Wisdom
What is Dhamma? Nothing isnt.~Ajahn Chah
Events -2017 -March
- Weekly Meditation Programme 29 th Wednesday
- Christchurch Sil Programme 25 th Saturday
- Weekly Meditation Programme -22 nd Wednesday
- Culture Galore -2017 (11 th Saturday)
- One Day Meditation Programme 4th Saturday
- Weekly Meditation Program 1 st Wednesday
- Weekly Meditation Programme 8 th Wednesday
- Welcoming ceremony of Rev Rajawelle Dhammasiri Thero 4 th Saturday